These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our system or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as “The System”) and/or by completing a course booking, workshop booking, award registration, membership subscription or any other service available on The System (hereafter collectively referred to as “A Booking”), you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
These pages, the content and infrastructure of these pages, and the service by which A Booking can be made are owned, operated and provided by Tahdah Verified Ltd and/or its Parent Company (“Tahdah”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and are provided for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Scope of our serviceThrough The System we provide an online platform through which all types of Training Providers, Awarding Bodies, Associations, Clubs and other organisations (hereafter referred to as “The Provider”) can offer Courses, Workshops, Registration, Memberships and other services (hereafter referred to as “The Service”), and through which users of The System can make A Booking. By making A Booking through Tahdah, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with The Provider from whom you are purchasing The Service. From the point at which you make your Booking, we act solely as an intermediary between you and The Provider, transmitting the details of your Booking to the relevant Provider and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Provider.
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by The Providers. As such, The Providers are given access to an extranet through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates, availability and other information which is displayed on The System. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of The System or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each Provider remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) displayed on The System. The System does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or suitability for the user of any Service made available.
Our services are made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on our website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
2. Privacy and cookiesTahdah respects your privacy. Please have a look at our privacy and cookies policy for further information.
3. Payment For The ServicesIf applicable and available, certain Providers offer the opportunity for Bookings to be paid for (wholly or partly) as required under the payment policy of The Provider when making A Booking by means of secure online payment. Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the Provider through a third party payment processor.
For certain Services, please note that Providers may require that payment is made upfront when making A Booking by debit card or credit card without the possibility of a refund. This forms part of the contractual arrangement between the user and The Provider and, in any event refunds will not be available from Tahdah once payment is made.
4. CancellationBy making A Booking with a Provider, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of the Provider, and to any additional terms and conditions of the Provider that may apply to your Booking. The terms and conditions of a Provider can be obtained from the relevant Provider but will be available on The System before A Booking is made. The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Provider is made available on The System on the information pages, during The Booking procedure and in the confirmation email. Please note that some Services may not be eligible for cancellation or change. Please check The Booking details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
If you wish to review, adjust or cancel The Booking (where possible), please revert to the confirmation email and follow the instructions therein. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with the Provider's cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy or not be entitled to any repayment of any (pre)paid amount. We recommend that you read the cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy of the Provider carefully prior to making your reservation and remember to make further payments on time as may be required for The Booking. In any event, any dispute in relation to The Booking shall be a matter between the user and The Provider and be subject to the Terms & Conditions of The Provider to which the user has agreed at the time of making The Booking.
5. Premium SubscriptionWhere the user has opted to subscribe to our Premium Subscription they will have access to various Premium Features that are not available to users who do not pay the Premium Subscription. We reserve the right to vary the nature and extent of the Premium Feature from time to time but will not remove a service unless it is being replaced by an equivalent or upgraded version of that feature.
Payment for the Premium Subscription will either be on an annual or monthly basis. Once payment has been made, the user will have access to the Premium Features until such time as the next payment is due. If the user opts for Annual Payment they will receive the benefit of a discount on the value of that payment compared to if they choose to pay on a monthly basis.
In either case, the payment purchases access in advance to the Premium Services for a period commencing on the date of the payment and ending when the next payment is due. In the event that the user no longer wishes to use the Premium Services then the Premium Services will cease to be available when any subsequent payment is not made to Tahdah.
No refunds will be made for any portion of the period (whether monthly or per annum) for which payment has been made. For the avoidance of doubt, if a subscriber to the Premium Subscription will be able to access the Premium Services for as long as they continue to pay the Premium Subscription but will not be committed to a period beyond the point that their next payment falls due.
6. DisclaimerSubject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your Booking as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one Service or series of connected Services).
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available The System and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, suitability, availability and ratings) of The Services as made available on our website, (iii) the Services rendered or the products offered by the Provider or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website, or (v) any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, wilful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to The Services or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through The System, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
7. Intellectual property rightsUnless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available at or used by The System and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of any material on our website are owned by Pathfinder Systems Limited.
Pathfinder Systems Limited exclusively retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to (all intellectual property rights of) (the look and feel (including infrastructure) of) The System on which The Service is made available and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep) link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content or our brand without our express written permission. To the extent that you would (wholly or partly) use or combine our (translated) content or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in The System or any (translated) content, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to Tahdah. Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
8. Email SubscriptionsBy using The System you will be agreeing to receive email communications from various sources including Awarding Bodies, Training Providers, Associations, Clubs and Tahdah Verified Ltd. Some of these email communications are an essential and compulsory part of using The System others, including Newsletters, Helpful Hints, Promotional & Marketing emails you may choose to either unsubscribe from/or not sign up to.
9. Sharing Your Content and InformationYou own all of the content and information you post on Tahdah, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition :
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Tahdah (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Tahdah, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Tahdah, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
10. MiscellaneousTo the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in the UK.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
Tahdah Verified Ltd